KOCH FAMILY

KOCH FAMILY
Mom, Dad, Kyle, Carson, Cole, Ryan

Monday, January 26, 2009

"Are You His Grandma?"

I feel soooo old today!!! I took Ryan into the doctor because he was running a fever and has a nasty cough that kept us both up all last night.  We got there and he, of course, was zipping around like he felt just fine.  A little girl about 3 years old came over to us in the waiting room and asked me "Are you that boy's grandma?"  And because I am a glutten for punishment I said, "No.  Why, do I look old?"  She simply said, "Yes".  I laughed on the outside, but I cried on the inside.  What a sad day!!!!  And, of course, Ryan is just fine - he just has a nasty virus that will go away on its own after making us miserable forever.  Gotta love wasting a copay!!  

4 comments:

Hailey Happens said...

That is horrible. The same thing happened to me and my sister. They asked if she was my mom! Yeah, two years older than me. That person felt really stupid!

Lynette Callister said...

Wow what a dumb little girl. sorry, it's better than getting asked if your pregnant, which is my prob.

Heather Ann said...

ohhh ya gotta love kids and there bluntness.. where the heck was the mother, so at least she could of been mortified.. how rude..
don't worry you still look like your in your twenties!! :)
hope Ryan feels better soon! So much YUCK going around! luv ya!

nicole said...

Don't worry - Little kids have no sense about age! I asked my Tommy (my nephew) who old he thought I was, and his first guess was 90.