KOCH FAMILY

KOCH FAMILY
Mom, Dad, Kyle, Carson, Cole, Ryan

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cole's Birthday Blues



It was Cole's birthday yesterday.  He had a preschool program in the morning, McDonald's for lunch, shopping for the giant remote control buggy he has wanted for 2 months, to Nicelcade with his brothers and his dad, shopping for a giant bean bag for gaming on, and then pizza and  a video with the family that night.  It was a very fun day except the giant buggy had to be charged overnight.  So, up first thing (6AM) to play with the very fun buggy that is now all charged up.  Mean mom made him wait until 7AM to go outside and play with it.  Play play play with a big grin on his face for 10 minutes until the neighbor's daughter backs out of her driveway and right over the giant toy. My poor little newly 5 year old sits down on the driveway and sobs and sobs.  It was the saddest thing you have ever seen!  It made me cry, too.  $50 in 10 minutes - that has to be a first for even our family!

And, because I remember when my dad bought me an ice cream cone which I promptly licked too hard and fell onto the parking lot and he immediately took me back in and bought me another one without one mean word, I took Cole to Toys R Us and he bought another one and a cool Iron Man guy.  What is money when my little boy is happy - right?!

No comments: