KOCH FAMILY

KOCH FAMILY
Mom, Dad, Kyle, Carson, Cole, Ryan

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Love Those Peaches!

I am so grateful for my 10 year old son for pushing me into learning things I don't know how to do!  Kyle:  Mom, how do you bottle peaches?  Mom:  I have no idea.  Kyle:  I really really really want to learn, will you please learn and teach me?  Mom:  We'll see.  And then, every day for many days he reminds me how much he really wants to learn.  Sooo, I begged my mom to teach us and the sweetheart she is, she let us come over and Kyle & I learned together and bottled about 14 jars.  Then, because I am an overachiever by nature, I called my friend, Heather, and she taught us how to dehydrate them as well.  They are so yummy and it was a great bonding experience with my oldest son that we will for sure do it again next year.  Kyle decided he liked bottling better and I found I will actually eat peaches if they are dehydrated, so it worked great for both of us!  So fun!

1 comment:

Hailey Happens said...

Jody, You have officially stepped into the super mom category when you know how to can. Watch out Miriah!